Please click below for back to school safety tips from the Daytona Beach Police
Daytona Beach Police Department Published by Daytona Beach Police Department- Officer Lyda Longa
With kids heading back to school on Monday, we at the Daytona Beach Police Department wanted to share these safety reminders with you:
- Watch your speed in school zones! Be aware that school zone speed limits may vary in hours and speeds. Be sure to follow the posted limits.
- Slow down in residential areas. Watch for children crossing the street and congregating near bus stops.
- Do not pass a school bus that is stopped to load or unload children. Traffic in both directions on undivided highways must stop when students are entering or exiting a school bus (the red flashing lights and extended stop sign arms are your cue to stop). On a divided roadway, all traffic behind the school bus must stop.
- Be alert! The area 10 feet around a school bus is where children are in the most danger of being hit. Children walking to and from their bus are usually very comfortable with their surroundings and more likely to take risks, ignore hazards, or fail to look both ways when crossing the street.
- Always stop when directed to do so by a school patrol sign, school patrol officer, or designated crossing guard…
Stay Safe Everyone!